Parents, attendance is crucial to your child’s success in school. Please keep the following things in mind:
- New Attendance Law – Students are absent if he/she misses 50% of the school day. This includes excused and unexcused absences.
- A student is considered Truant after missing 3 days in a row or 5 days total without providing excuses.
- Excuses are due within 48 hours of the missed day.
- Students arriving after 7:30am are REQUIRED to be signed in BY A PARENT through the ATTENDANCE OFFICE (Ms. Wilson). Please know that we have to record in Powerschool the time that your child comes to school.
- Students CAN NOT be signed out for Early Dismissal after 2:00pm. If you come before 2:00pm please sign them out in the Attendance Office (Ms. Wilson). Please know that we have to record in Powerschool the time for your child’s early dismissal.